Thursday, October 23, 2008

Top 10 Positives This Week

I'm IRRITATED. I'm FRUSTRATED. I have a MIGRAINE. And the dog just ripped up an entire cardboard cylinder all over the living room floor. I don't want to get up, pick up all the pieces and then drag out the vacuum. That will only lead to more cleaning and irritation and frustration and migraine inducing pain.

I don't need that.

So I shall sit here on my duff and try to write myself out of my *ahem* cantankerous (gotta love the online thesaurus) mood and think about:

The Top Ten Positive Things I Experienced This Week

10. Watching a biker dude run across an intersection to help a couple of teenagers who's car had stalled.

9. Seeing people run in the pouring rain to chase pumpkins that had burst from their huge cardboard container and were rolling pell mell across the parking lot.

8. A lady coming up to me in a store and telling me my children were cute enough to be put on a postcard.

7. A Husband who made sure I had enough cash with me when I went out to meet a girlfriend for a beer and needed chat.

6. Long conversations with my siblings on the phone.

5. All of my siblings (and there's a lot of them) answering my neurotic and demanding emails.

4. Sitting and talking for two and a half hours with a friend I've known since grade 1.

3. Walking in the autumn sunshine with a two year old and looking at all the Halloween decorations in the neighbourhood.

2. Having a Tim Horton's coffee to drink while waiting at the Albion ferry.

.....and the #1 Positive Thing I Experienced This Week....

1. Being able to say "I love you" to my Mom.


I feel better already.

You can too. Add to my list. We could make it a top 20.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

-Getting an B+/A- on an expected C+ midterm.
-Having a telephone/ cell-phone. What a great invention!
-Arriving at school in the morning, in miserable cold rain after your weekend was spent crying over bad news, and then stepping out of class and seeing the clouds roll over mountains, and the sunshine peeping through. SFU may look like a prison and suffer from extremely cold rain, but it's not often that people attend universities and see mountains every day.
- For a large family that doesn't argue or squabble. It's rare to find that, and I appreciate it now more than ever. *the workings of great parents...*
-Sarah

tennbarefootgirl said...

Finally getting my office moved back home. I'm looking at the positives in this economic whateveryouwanttocallit. My life will be simpler with no employees and no commute.
Thanks for the post.

Anonymous said...

I posted my list at my blog.

Visit Tentative Equinox

Heather Stilwell said...

I am working on my list, but before I forget -a 3 years old girl in a fairy costume running with her mom as the kids from the school did their run around the block. I'd guess the mom was doing 'patrol'