I'm IRRITATED. I'm FRUSTRATED. I have a MIGRAINE. And the dog just ripped up an entire cardboard cylinder all over the living room floor. I don't want to get up, pick up all the pieces and then drag out the vacuum. That will only lead to more cleaning and irritation and frustration and migraine inducing pain.
I don't need that.
So I shall sit here on my duff and try to write myself out of my *ahem* cantankerous (gotta love the online thesaurus) mood and think about:
The Top Ten Positive Things I Experienced This Week
10. Watching a biker dude run across an intersection to help a couple of teenagers who's car had stalled.
9. Seeing people run in the pouring rain to chase pumpkins that had burst from their huge cardboard container and were rolling pell mell across the parking lot.
8. A lady coming up to me in a store and telling me my children were cute enough to be put on a postcard.
7. A Husband who made sure I had enough cash with me when I went out to meet a girlfriend for a beer and needed chat.
6. Long conversations with my siblings on the phone.
5. All of my siblings (and there's a lot of them) answering my neurotic and demanding emails.
4. Sitting and talking for two and a half hours with a friend I've known since grade 1.
3. Walking in the autumn sunshine with a two year old and looking at all the Halloween decorations in the neighbourhood.
2. Having a Tim Horton's coffee to drink while waiting at the Albion ferry.
.....and the #1 Positive Thing I Experienced This Week....
1. Being able to say "I love you" to my Mom.
I feel better already.
You can too. Add to my list. We could make it a top 20.
Time to End Presidential Press Briefings?
8 hours ago