Wednesday, January 21, 2009

A Lovely Day

I was driving in the ol' purple minivan, in an endless pursuit of errands. The Princess was sitting in the back, looking out the window, her mind elsewhere.

Lucky for us, the radio has decided to work again. Mostly. Well, if you drive over a bump a horrible crackling snapping sound happens, and sometimes it won't stop, even if you turn the radio off.

Do you think that's normal?

But, like I said. The radio works again.

The song "Amazing Grace" started playing on the radio while we drove through the endless fog we've been experiencing around these parts. Thirty seconds into the song, the Princess said,

"This song makes my nose all tickley inside and I feel like I'm going to start to cry. It's just so beautiful."

She's almost 7. Music has been a part of her very being since her birth. She loves to sit on her window seat, tucked in amongst her beloved stuffies and pillows made by her Grandma. And she writes songs. And her heart sings along.

I found a song she had written over the Christmas holidays. It's written in the usual Princess hieroglyphics. I'll translate it for you. It kind of sums up my day today.


A Lovely Day Today

I am very happy today
Because I am having a great time
At my house.

I hope that you
Are having a great time
At your house today, too.

Because
It is a lovely day
Today.

A dun dun dun.

I love the last line.

I hope you had a great day too.

No comments: