Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year

Here I sit, at 2:30 am in the wee hours of the New Year.

I've spent the last day and a half bonding with the upstairs abode. The flu that started with the Baby projectile vomiting on me several days ago finally made its way to me.

Good times.

So, having slept through ringing in the New Year, I now find myself completely awake and reminiscing about this past year and this little blog. It's been a good year. And bad. And frustrating. And life altering.

What could I have lived without? My mom's cancer diagnosis, for sure.

The teenage angst in this house? A lot less of that would have been good.

Reconnecting with my siblings in a strange sort of 'rallying the troops' thingy? That's been good. Really good.

Living my last year in my 30's? Loved that.

Starting to blog? It's been a slice.


I've been going through this little blog of mine and reading all the old entries. I sure whine a lot. I perseverate on small, idiotic things. Which probably explain my small readership.

Which brings me to some New Year's resolutions.

1. Lose weight. This is a really good one to start with, since I've just lost five pounds barfing for the past 36 hours. Success already.

2. Blog about some more significant stuff other than my family irritating me and making fun of my Husband. This one will be hard.

3. Clean my house. I'm not sure about this one, but a person can dream.

4. Win the lottery. This is as attainable as the clean house. But again....dreaming.

5. Live life to the fullest.

I'm going back to bed. I'm sure I'll read this post in the morning and it won't make any sense. Which means I'm blowing resolution number 2 already.

I'm sure my next entry will be awe inspiring.

No comments: