Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Pumpkin Scones

I decided to make pumpkin scones today. (Exciting! I know you've all been on the edge of your seat waiting to hear about the latest crazy moment of my life.)

I just realized that I make pumpkin scones on Tuesdays. (ANOTHER exciting bit of info for you....I'm sure you're hyperventilating by now.) I had no idea until today. Am I a nimrod for not realizing this until today or just a closet organizational freak who is so closeted that she doesn't even know it? Am I just an insane creature of habit? Maybe it's the sleep deprivation of the past 2 years that have caused me to not notice until today. I'm starting to feel a bit loopy.

I dunno....with four kids and a busy household I was under the assumption that apart from Monday meaning lots of loads of laundry and Friday meaning a trip to Stupidstore, I kinda went with the flow and 'planned' things by the seat of my you know what.

I'm so tired. I feel like I've been awake since 5:30 am Saturday morning. And Keeley is still sick. I don't know where I'm going with this. I cannot type three letters without making a mistake. Must go put on coffee. This whole scone epiphany must go on a shelf somewhere to be pulled down later.

Fortunately for the family, I can make pumpkin scones with my eyes closed. And they go GREAT with coffee.

1 comment:

~liz said...

i'm in love with the orange scone recipe - i agree. most recipes i find call for dried cranberries, and i alsmot always have a bag of fresh ones in my freezer. the vanilla glaze is a perfect addition!
so...can you post your pumpkin scone recipe? or show me where (and if) it's posted already on your blog?