Friday, February 20, 2009

Honesty

The Princess has been increasingly 'forgetful' of late. Forgotten blue folder at school, forgotten notes, forgotten sharing books, forgotten home reading....you get the idea. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that she's being forgetful when getting ready to go home at the end of her school day.

Which is really good because I'm not a rocket scientist.

So a little talk was in order. Several little talks, actually, culminating into a big talk in which I looked like a raving lunatic and she just stood there looking at me like I was a raving lunatic.

But it's all good because we figured out the problem.

Raving Lunatic: "There must be a reason you keep forgetting things when you're getting ready to go home!"

Princess: "Well, I have so much to do! I have to change my shoes! And get my coat! And I have to talk to all my friends!"

At least she's honest.

And it explains the raving lunatic part.

No comments: