Tuesday, July 15, 2008

A Simple Solution

Heath and I have been married for 19 years. 19 years and 2 1/2 months. And 17 days.

Heath needed a new toothbrush. He bought a new toothbrush. He bought a green toothbrush.

For 19 years, 2 1/2 months and 15 days, I've had a green toothbrush. Heath has whatever other coloured toothbrush his little heart desires to purchase. That deal was made 19 years ago. We can tell what toothbrush belongs to whom. Green is mine. His is whatever...I don't really care. Mine is green. The green one is mine.

As most of you might be aware, I'm a tad scattered in my thoughts of late. There's a bit on my mind. For two days now, every time I go to brush my teeth, I have to pause. I have to look at those two green toothbrushes and THINK about which one is mine. And it's completely driving me mad. Hey...the straw that broke the camel's back and all....

So, every problem has a solution. (Shoving a green toothbrush up Heath's nose flits across my mind as I'm looking at those two green toothbrushes in the holder, but really, although it may momentarily make me feel better, I'd still be looking at the end of a green toothbrush up his nose. Still oddly irritating in my mind.) So I've come up with a better solution.


No problem now. Mine's the green one.












No comments: