Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Supervisor

I've reached a new rung in the supervisory world.

For those of you that know me (haha, yes, very funny, I'm well aware that if you're reading my blog you know me - it's been a long day and it's not done yet). Ahem...those of you who know me are well aware of the many levels of supervision I've been involved in. I started out supervising assorted siblings, moved on to the supervisory world of babysitting and then made my way into the supervising of 22 children at a time in the ECE world.

As time moved on, I gave up that role to start the supervision of my own brood, and somehow along the way helped to supervise assorted other children, with nieces and nephews thrown in for good measure. What can I say? I like to drink at the end of the day.

My life of supervisor branched out to the supervision of children with autism, and on most days this would somehow include various children at school. Along with this role came the supervision of other therapists.

Now, I'm just the taskmaster of four children and a husband. It's plenty on my plate and I hadn't asked for more. But life has pulled me up another rung, and I have been handed another supervisory position - I am the newly appointed Supervisor of the Boyfriend.

Shoot me now. I have not enough strength. I have been given no manual for this new position, no rules, no job description. I've looked on eBay, Craigslist and buysell.com, and although you can get a manual to repair your 1972 shotgun, there are no manuals for boyfriend supervision. Oh, wait....maybe that is the manual.

For all the men out there, you know why I'm stressed. For all you women, do you have any suggestions for wrinkle cream?

No comments: