Friday, November 14, 2008

Love Letters

Remember the Princess's broken heart?

I found a note in her backpack this morning.

"To: Noah Form: The Princess
Vislis are bloo roseis are red you and me are frens becus we mid frens. We are willy frens Noah I wot to tell you that I like you as my frend Noah. Dier Noah we are frens now Noah please."

Translation:

"To Noah, From The Princess

Violets are blue. Roses are red.

You and me are friends

Because we made friends.

We are really friends Noah. I want to tell you that I like you as my friend, Noah. Dear Noah, we are friends now. Noah, please."

At the bottom of the paper, there's a drawing of the Princess and Noah. They are holding hands and are surrounded by flowers and butterflies.

If this wasn't enough, yesterday when we were leaving school, another boy was waiting for her. "OH! There she is!" he told his buddy. And then shyly said "Hi, Princess," and started walking with us. Then he slugged his buddy in the arm and ran away.

Aren't grade one boys suppose to hate girls in any form? I am so not prepared for this.

It is funny to watch the Husband's face when I tell him these little tidbits. And see his shoulders droop. And see him grab the counter so he doesn't go down.

No comments: