Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Day 21 Re-Visited and an Accident

Michael phoned yesterday at 5:46 pm.

They're getting close.

He asked me if there was "a more appropriate time" to reach the Husband.

I shouldn't have giggled. It made for a long pause on his end of the line.

Will today be the day? Oh, the excitement.

On a different note, as I was chatting with Michael about evening schedules, the Husband was getting hit by a car while driving through a green light. The sad part of the story is that it wasn't with the 12 year old purple minivan. Our poor, sweet 3 year old car. I AM grateful the Husband wasn't hurt, and it wasn't his fault. In the big scheme of life, it's just a bump in the road.

Life has a way of putting things into perspective for you. The Husband phoned and asked how my day was. I started ranting about dog pee on the carpet and how I was done with all the animals in this house, rant rant rant, blah blah blah.....then I asked him how his day was.

"Well, I was just in a car accident."

Oye.

So I'm off to deal with repair centres and rental car agencies. I should be careful about wishing for more variety in my day.

No comments: