Monday, November 10, 2008

100

This is my 100th post.

I know. It's very impressive.

When I started this little blog (on a Friday night....a night the Husband has been regretting he ever went out to play poker and left me home alone with the laptop to myself), I had no idea where it would take me. Or that it would cause my family to turn into lawyers and yell, "You are NOT allowed to blog about that!" every time something mildly humorous happens in this joint.

Like just this week, I was told I couldn't blog about the Eldest taking her driver's test, the confusion about the light sockets in our bedroom -- and that's such a good story, even I look like an idiot in that little gem, but, no, it's been nixed -- and I'm not to mention something about the....well, I really can't talk about that one.

This little blog has also changed Sunday dinners over at my parents' place. With two parents, seven siblings and a brother in law, you'd think we would have something to talk about. But most conversations that I start end with someone stopping me and saying, "Ya, I read about it on your blog." Then some blank stares, and I'm forced to ask, "So, how's work?" To which my siblings all answer, "Good," and then I realize it's time for a glass of wine.

Tentative Equinox did a big fancy 100th blog entry, where she listed 100, yes, ONE HUNDRED, things about herself. I thought about doing that...well, I actually started writing a post like that, but when I got to #7 and it was about the fact that my hair started going grey at the age of 15, I got a bit depressed at the thought of what I might need to pull out of my arse to get to 100 and I hit the delete button.

So, I will just leave it with wishing myself a happy 100th blog entry. I had no idea I would be able to write so much about so little.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yay! 100! Woot Woot.

I think you're selling yourself short. You could totally come up with 100 things.

The bonus is that you get all kinds of people finding your blog while they search for ideas to rob from you for their own 100 lists AND if you post images from popular culture, you will have to lock the gates to keep them out. That one post has garnered me more than one thousand hits; 90% of them looking for images of Velma, Pooh, and Lucy.