Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Sunrise....Sunset.....

This little girl.......

Is now this big girl........

And I left her sitting in a room, with fear on her face, mouthing to me "STAY! STAY! PLEASE!" as the teacher told the parents to leave. It was time for the teacher to take the children to their new grade one classrooms.

I faked a big smile and mouthed back to her, "You'll be fine! It's ok!! Have fun!!"

And I booked it out of the classroom, not able to walk down the hall with the other parents to check the lists to find out what class she was in. The tears started. How did my baby get old enough to be left alone in school ALL DAY?? Yet another milestone reached in her life.

I did get it together after a few minutes to go back and check the list. Eilidh has the teacher she wanted and her bestest friend is there with her. It's good. All good. But I still can't believe my little girl is not so little anymore.

There's this girl too.....


Who is now looking at these........

Because this is her last year of high school.

There are lots more tears to be shed over her.

And let's not forget this one......



Who has grown a full inch in the last month, half of that over the long weekend. Sigh.

At least I have this one.....

Still at home with me.

We're going to go for a walk in the September sunshine, where you can feel the change in the air.

It's everywhere. Change. In the weather, the trees, the air.....my children.

Today is a tough day to be a Pisces.

No comments: