Friday, September 5, 2008

It's 11 pm. Do you know where your children are?

Yes. I do.

Which is why I'm sitting in front of the computer, not going to bed.

Because I know there's a 6 year old in my bed, sweating away, limbs sprawled out in all directions, just waiting to leech her sleeping self onto me as soon as I go to bed. Leech. And sweat.

You see, I'm a pushover. I cave in to the misty, forlorn, "my daddy has gone away again and left me with you", sad, big blue eyes of a 6 year old, just like Patrick caves at the sight of bacon. How can I tell her she can't sleep in my bed while her daddy's away when she looks at me like that?

If I were stoic, I would be relishing in the thought of a sleep filled night with no snoring. (Sorry Heath. I couldn't help myself.) But I'm not stoic, I have no spine, I caved, and now my slumber will be comparable to sleeping in a sauna with an octopus that has massive suction cups on its flailing appendages and is wearing army boots.

Motherhood. Not for the faint of heart.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice imagery. Please post that image, I have to see a sweaty octupus wearing army boots.

Still giggling.